To all Global-Mark clients who provide NDIS services, the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Framework which is to be implemented in NSW and SA as of the 1 July 2018 is expected to provide a nationally consistent approach to service provision expectations and safeguards to ensure participants are empowered and supported to exercise choice and control. It is anticipated that the remaining states will transition to the Framework from July 2019, with the exception of WA which will transition in 2020. The preliminary outline of the Framework was released in December 2016 by the Disability Reform Council. NDIS Service Providers and certification bodies have been told to expect the circulation of the modular NDIS Practice Standards by the end of 2017, and further information about the Framework early 2018. So far, little has been released, however it has been said that we can expect new improvements to safeguarding including:
- an NDIS specific Code of Conduct
- a nationally consistent worker screening process
- a compulsory orientation module for employees
- a national Senior Practitioner to reduce the use of restrictive practices and provide leadership in positive behaviour support
- an NDIS Complaints Commissioner
As soon as the Global-Mark Human Services Team receives more information, we will be sure to inform you of the changes, to ensure a smooth transition for everyone.